Eighteen years in creative leadership and user-centered design has given me the opportunity to work on many facets of the project lifecycle. My trademark is a laser focus on the details, yet my experience gives me valuable perspective of the whole.
My philosophy is to craft user experiences that are simple, intuitive, and engaging to inspire discovery. Central to every design decision is the goal of the user, and the needs of the business.
2017 - Present
Expedia, Inc. - Bellevue, WA
Product Owner, Senior UX Designer
Product Owner and Lead UX/Product Designer for information applications created to serve Expedia’s global employees.
• Currently designing a major internal Progressive Web App that will serve as a framework for multiple business tools.
• Championing mobile-first design practices utilizing a React-centered tech stack.
• Conducting user studies, defining product features, measuring performance, and increasing user adoption.
2009 - 2017
FROST Group, Inc. - Mill Creek, WA
Creative & Technology Director
As Creative and Technology Director at FROST, I was responsible for the creative and technical needs of the business, including brand identity, design of operational systems, and product strategy.
• Created multi-location concept from branding to retail store design.
• Responsible for creative for multiple channels including in-store and online.
• Defined and designed industry-leading business management systems.
AMAZON.COM - Seattle, WA
Sr. UX Designer
During my tenure at Amazon I was responsible for complex customer and partner-facing UX design, and direction of design resources on multiple simultaneous projects used by millions of users.
• Primary UX designer for Amazon fine art store launch.
• Lead UX designer for Amazon Mobile wine and art storefronts.
• Created product concepts for next generation site features.
• Designed complex admin tools for internal and external sales partners.
• Conducted and analyzed heuristic usability studies and research with end users.
AMAZON.COM - Seattle, WA
As UX Designer at Amazon in the Retail Customer Experience Group I was primarily responsible for experience design of the Amazon Wish List and Registry features.
• Lead UX and brand designer for Universal Wish Lists.
• Conducted and analyzed heuristic studies and research with end users.
• Participated in creation of enterprise-wide UX standards.
JOHN L. SCOTT, NEW HOME TEAM - Everett, WA
As Creative Director for the New Home Team I created complete community identities and managed the consumer experience at every touchpoint, whether on the street - or on the web.
RAMP TECHNOLOGY - Bellevue, WA
Sr. Interactive Designer, Creative Lead
The main focus of my work at Ramp Technology Group was on leading a major eCommerce project for national clothing retailer Coldwater Creek. I was also instrumental on web application projects for companies such as Microsoft, Business.com, and MTV.
• Led the complete redesign of coldwatercreek.com and created user interfaces for the majority of online consumer interactions such as browsing, discovery, search, and buy-flow.
• Served as primary client contact presenting wireframes, design concepts, and collaborating with many levels of management.
REAL TECH LLC - Bellevue, WA
Senior Product Designer
As Senior Product Designer for Real Tech in Bellevue, Washington, my work was primarily focused on creating web-based products, tools, and mapping solutions for the Real Estate industry. I was responsible for interaction design, usability, and visual design.
• Designed and implemented a website creation tool for Real Estate brokers and agents enabling them to create personalized, highly‐visual websites of their own without the need for technical or web design knowledge.
• Worked on user interfaces and interaction design for Real Estate mapping applications used by John L. Scott and Coldwell Banker.
MICROSOFT, INC - Redmond, WA
Site Manager, Microsoft.com
At Microsoft I served as Site Manager for the expert technology community areas of microsoft.com. This role involved managing content and content authors, and UX design of community site features.
• Directed third-party content creators on creation of articles for the technology community.
• Managed vendors and production budgets for various site features.
VULCAN, INC. - Seattle, WA
Web Designer, Sr. Web Designer, Senior Creative Producer
As Senior Creative Producer at Vulcan, I had the opportunity to lead a number of high-visibility initiatives, each with their own unique attributes and challenges. Because of the diversity Vulcan has in a number of industries (music, art, film, philanthropy, technology and real estate to name a few), each project varied greatly in direction and business focus.
• Responsible for the creative direction, development, and project management of high‐profile projects for Paul Allen’s primary company with a sharp focus on information management and usability.
• Served as principal designer and project manager on complex projects such as vulcan.com, Vulcan’s first corporate website designed to enhance community visibility and impact.
• Created a comprehensive, industry‐leading online grant application and grantee self-servicing tools for Paul G. Allen Foundation grant recipients.
• Developed a number of high profile, media-centered software applications designed to serve a number of end‐
Design Strategy, Experience Design, Mobile-First Design, Progressive Web Apps (PWA), Responsive Design, Product Design, Creative Direction, User Interface Design, Usability Testing, User Research, Information Architecture, Wireframing & Prototyping, Agile Methodologies, HTML, CSS